If you’ve been looking for a way to better maintain your home, one of the ideas you have probably come across is home window tinting. While you may be happy with the idea of protecting the interior of your home while reducing your energy costs, you may be wondering exactly what the process entails. If you want to know the answer, keep reading.
When you decide to have home window tinting done, here’s what you can expect.
- Assessment of the job. We will discuss your needs and your best options for meeting them.
- Clean and prepare windows for tinting. Having windows that are free from dirt or other substances is critical in allowing the window tinting to adhere properly. We’ll make sure to clean your windows so that the window tinting will last.
- Measure for accuracy. We want to provide you with the highest quality in finished product and service, so we’ll measure everything meticulously to achieve that goal.
- Protect the furnishings and interior of your home. If you have furniture or other items that are close to the windows you want tinted, we’ll make sure they are protected.
- Cut and apply window tint. Once everything is ready for window tinting to be done, we’ll cut and apply the tint.
- Allow it to cure. This step can take anywhere from a few days to just over a week, depending on factors such as temperature and humidity.
The length of time required to complete home window tinting depends on the scope of the job to be done and can take anywhere from one day to several days. Now that you’re comfortable with the process, we’ll be happy to come and install the tinting on your windows. Let us know when and how we can help you.